Part-time Music Director / Organist
St. John’s Congregational Church has a part-time position open as our Music Director/Organist. St. John’s has one Worship Service at 10:15 AM each Sunday, a traditional Protestant service in which music is provided by our Music Director/Organist. The Music Director/Organist is paid $100 per Sunday.
The person in this position prepares a prelude, interlude, and postlude for each Worship Service and accompanies the congregation for the 3-4 hymns for each Worship Service. For special Worship Services, the Music Director/Organist will rehearse with and accompany occasional soloists and instrumentalists.
Job Title :Music Director/Organist
Church/Organization Name: St. John’s Congregational Church
1235 Highway Avenue
Covington, KY 41011
Facebook: St. John’s Congregational Church
Affiliation Type: Independent Congregational
Required education: Ability to provide organ and piano accompaniment, basic familiarity with Protestant worship service
Average Worship Attendance: 20
Start date: As soon as available
Additional Information If you are interested in the position, please contact the Church Council President, Mr. Dan Dilts (859) 261-0385 or email@example.com.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church
Church Organist Part-Time
Purpose: To provide organ and piano music for worship services and other church functions including weddings and funerals.
Education, Skills and Ability: Be able to display a professional level of musical talent from training and experience. Have a thorough working knowledge of the congregation’s worship services and a theological understanding of church music. Be able to communicate well and in a friendly manner with the pastors, worship and music committee members, fellow employees, church choir, praise and worship team, and members of the congregation.
Job Performance Requirements:
1. Provide organ and piano music in a professional manner for all worship services and all seasonal and special services.
2. Selection of hymns and responsible for timely submission of hymn numbers and titles for the worship bulletin and assist the Choir for Sunday services beginning at 10 AM including weekly rehearsals Wednesdays at 7:30 PM.
3. Facilitate the congregation to sing and worship through the excellent execution of hymns and liturgy.
4. Arrange for qualified substitute organist or pianist when absent for church services and notify the church secretary in advance
5. Additional services possible during Holy Week and Christmas Eve
Qualified applicants should mail or email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Leslie Brooks: Emmanuel Lutheran Church P.O. Box 215 Germantown, Ohio 45327; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please.