University Presbyterian Church in Rochester Hills, Michigan is seeking a Director of Music / Organist who will glorify God by providing for the spiritual enrichment of our congregation through music. This full time, salaried position is responsible for leading and administering the entire music program. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, playing the organ for all services, directing the adult, youth, and children’s choirs, and overseeing all other members of the music staff. The Director of Music will report to the Senior Pastor, who is Head of Staff. The successful candidate will be one with a mature Christian faith, who can maintain the excellence of the church’s current vibrant music ministry, and continue to build and enhance the music ministry of the church. This position will take effect as of August 1, 2018.
UPC is a 585-member congregation that began over 50 years ago with a rich tradition of worship, music ministry, youth ministry and mission. The congregation has a strong commitment to and participation in music ministry at all age and skill levels. The high school choir, The Agape Singers, has traveled extensively, nationally and internationally, to share God’s love through verse and music. The church has been blessed with a Reuter pipe organ, opus 2232. This beautiful two-manual, 28-rank instrument was installed in 2010. The organ and the Yamaha C7 grand piano are integral to our music program. Further information about our church and congregation can be found on our website at http://www.universitypres.org/
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Music, Sacred Music, or a related field; a Master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred. Also, candidates must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
To apply please submit a resume and three references, two of which must be work or skill related, by e-mail, to:
University Presbyterian Church Music Director Search Committee email@example.com
All applications must be received by April 1st, 2018.
Emmanuel Lutheran Church
Church Organist Part-Time
Purpose: To provide organ and piano music for worship services and other church functions including weddings and funerals.
Education, Skills and Ability: Be able to display a professional level of musical talent from training and experience. Have a thorough working knowledge of the congregation’s worship services and a theological understanding of church music. Be able to communicate well and in a friendly manner with the pastors, worship and music committee members, fellow employees, church choir, praise and worship team, and members of the congregation.
Job Performance Requirements:
1. Provide organ and piano music in a professional manner for all worship services and all seasonal and special services.
2. Selection of hymns and responsible for timely submission of hymn numbers and titles for the worship bulletin and assist the Choir for Sunday services beginning at 10 AM including weekly rehearsals Wednesdays at 7:30 PM.
3. Facilitate the congregation to sing and worship through the excellent execution of hymns and liturgy.
4. Arrange for qualified substitute organist or pianist when absent for church services and notify the church secretary in advance
5. Additional services possible during Holy Week and Christmas Eve
Qualified applicants should mail or email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Leslie Brooks: Emmanuel Lutheran Church P.O. Box 215 Germantown, Ohio 45327; or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please.
Mt. Healthy United Methodist Church Organist/ Choir Director
Sunday Worship Services (Approximately 3 hours bi-weekly
- Play organ and/or keyboard for traditional worship service at 10:00 AM
- Practice & rehearsals (Approximately 3 hours bi-weekly)
- Traditional Choir
Salary – $7800.00/ year
Please submit resume to:
- Degrees in organ performance/church music are preferred, but not required.
- Successful employment experience is preferred.
- Proficient organ and piano skills.
- Excellent sight-reading skills, including the ability to read open scores.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge, experience, and proficiency in a broad range of musical styles and repertoires.
- Provide accompaniment for special music, choral anthems, and other service music for the 10:30 a.m. Worship Service, including prelude, offertory, postlude, and hymns.
- Accompany the weekly choir rehearsal.
- Accompany and rehearse with soloists, small ensembles, and instrumental groups as needed.
- Provide accompaniment and service music for Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunday, and other special services or concerts.
- Commensurate with experience and/or ski
Organist/Assistant Director of Music
Cathedral of Christ the King
299 Colony Blvd. Lexington, KY 40502
Full-time. Serve as principal organist/pianist for 4 weekend liturgies, 2 weekly school liturgies, holydays, funerals, sacramental liturgies, some civic holidays, and as accompanist for choirs and cantors. Weddings contracted separately. Teach RSCM curriculum to boys and girls choirs. Dyer organ, III/44 (2012). Must have experience in Roman Catholic liturgy. Bachelor’s degree in organ or AGO certification required; masters degree preferred. Communication, organizational, and collaborative skills. Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits included. Start time negotiable. Send cover letter, résumé, and references by January 31, 2018 to Robert Whitaker, Director of Music, email@example.com.
Do you have a passion for uplifting spirits through music? Do you love working with others to illuminate God’s message through song? First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Fort Thomas, KY is a medium sized congregation that welcomes all and eagerly seeks an active leader to guide our music program. We are looking for someone with:
- An appreciation for music across the spectrum
- Serve as our weekly organist/pianist, choral director
- Coordinate special musical events as needed.
Please send your Resume and Salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascension & Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Wyoming, Ohio seeks a part-time [15-20 hours per week] Minister of Music.
We are a suburban, community-minded, outreach-focused Episcopal parish located in Wyoming, Ohio, 10 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. We celebrate one sung Eucharist every Sunday at the 10:00am service and on holy days. We also have occasional Evensong and Lessons & Carols services. Our choir is 22 voices strong and includes 4 paid soloist/section leaders. In recent years the music of Taizé and some of the contemporary music of the Episcopal Church has been well received. The Minister of Music reports to the Rector of Ascension & Holy Trinity.
. Work closely and creatively with the Rector in liturgical and music planning, and be
responsible for all musical aspects of worship at Ascension & Holy Trinity, including
weddings, funerals, and guest and substitute musicians.
. Be the primary organist and choir director at the 10.00m Sunday service.
. Train, rehearse and grow both the Chancel Choir and the Handbell Choir.
. Support and advise the Minister of the Youth Choir.
. Be responsible for maintaining excellence in traditional Anglican choral music
and hymnody at the 10.00am service, while being open to elements from the best
of other sacred music traditions.
. Grow the Congregation’s interest in and engagement in sacred music.
. Oversee all use and maintenance of our organ, pianos and handbells.
. Be an active member of the Ascension & Holy Trinity Church Family.
. Many enthusiastic and supportive music ministries including the Chancel
Choir, the Handbell Choir and the Youth Choir.
. Our organ is a Phoenix 3-manual hybrid organ with 57 ranks, installed in 2013.
. In the Chancel, a 1931 Steinway grand piano, refurbished in 2014, accompanies
the Youth Choir, Communion Hymns, songs, etc.
. A set of handbells, refurbished in 2016.
. A Baldwin baby-grand piano in the choir rehearsal room.
. An endowment fund for sheet music purchases.
. B.M. or B.A. in Music.
. Skilled in accompaniment and choral directing as well as encouraging
. Experience and competence with sacred music.
. Self-motivated, diligent and creative.
. Friendly, approachable and with a good sense of humor.
Please send a C.V. or resume by September 30th, along with a letter that addresses why you think you might be the right person for this position, to the Rev. Eric Miller, at email@example.com. Recordings will be requested at a later date.