|Title||Director of Music Ministry [Part Time/15 hrs.|
|Location||St. Therese Little Flower, 5560 Kirby Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45239|
|Job Information||The Director of Music Ministry is responsible for:
• Planning and playing for 3 weekend liturgies and all holy days.
• Responsible for planning and playing for all special sacramental liturgies including weddings and funerals.
• Working with the choir to prepare for the weekend liturgies.
• Ensuring the instrumental and sound equipment is maintained.
A strong candidate will have strong vocal skills in addition to being proficient in organ & piano. Must be a practicing Catholic with liturgical knowledge. Must be able to pass a background check and be within compliance with the Decree on Child Protect prior to start of employment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Father Dennis Bosse, O.F.M. at email@example.com or mail to St. Therese Little Flower, 5560 Kirby Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45239.
Position is set to begin June 1, 2020 or sooner.
|Title||Cathedral of St. Peter in Chains Music Director & Archdiocesan Music Director|
|St. Peter in Chains Cathedral/Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH|
|Job Information||The Cathedral of St. Peter in Chains and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati seeks a talented, experienced pastoral musician to serve as the principal musician for the Cathedral of St. Peter-in-Chains as well as the Archdiocesan Director of Music. The Director of Music will ensure excellence in sacred music throughout south and southwest Ohio by training and forming pastoral musicians and serving as principal musician for archdiocesan liturgies. They will also direct the music ministry at the cathedral, including a professional choir and a sacred music series.
The ideal candidate has a master’s degree in organ or choral conducting, or a degree in sacred music, with years of experience in a cathedral or large parish and is a practicing Catholic. An additional degree in theology, liturgy, ministry or a related field is preferred. They should be highly skilled in the leadership of congregational singing, an accomplished choral conductor, proficient at the keyboard, formed for pastoral ministry, able to form and train other musicians, and willing to work with a ministry team.This full-time position, available July 1, includes a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, excellent benefits, and flexible hours.To apply please send a letter of interest, resume and Application for Employment to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Department of Human Resources, 100 E. Eighth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of all background checks and Virtus requirements.
Application deadline is March 30, 2020.
|Location||St. Peter in Chains, Hamilton, OH|
|Job Information||St. Peter in Chains located just moments from the heart of Hamilton, Ohio is in need of a part-time pastoral musician to lead the music ministry of the parish. Duties include leading music at weekend Masses (solo, with cantor, with choir), planning liturgical music, directing the parish choir, maintaining music files, communications about music ministry in the parish bulletin, and other similar duties as deemed necessary by the pastor. The candidate must be able to play accompaniment on both piano and organ and be able to sight read music. The ideal candidate is passionate about the church’s liturgical tradition as well as current liturgical practice, outgoing, creative, and be an experienced choral conductor.
This position is regularly scheduled for 16 hours/week, not including funerals and weddings.
Please send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Moran, email@example.com
Applications will be accepted through May 20, 2020
ST. GERTRUDE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Beginning September 1, 2020
Title Principal Organist/Accompanist
Location St. Gertrude Catholic Church, 6543 Miami Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45243
St. Gertrude parish is run by the Dominican Province of St. Joseph and is a large, active parish of 2,200+ families with many varied ministries. The music plays a very important role in the prayer life of the parish. Our liturgy makes use of the Mass propers and ordinary as well as hymnody, chant, and choral works drawn from across the centuries of the church’s musical patrimony.
Instrument Organ is a three manual Wicks/Walker hybrid installed in the choir loft three years ago.
· Accompany choir or cantor at three weekend Masses
· Accompany choir or cantor for Christmas, Holy Week, Easter, and all major feast days (vigil and day of ) and extra services
· Accompany choir or cantor for first communion and confirmation masses
· Accompany yearly choral program for adult choir
· Accompany children’s choir performance (1-2 per year)
· May be required to be available for funerals occasionally if funeral organist is on vacation
· Ability to cantor in emergency situations a plus but not required
· Attendance at weekly choir rehearsals on an as-needed basis, as determined by Music Director
· Job responsibility does not include liturgical planning
· Master’s Degree preferred, but a bachelor’s degree could be acceptable based on level and quality of applicant’s abilities
· Must be able to accompany with a musical sensitivity to singing
· Must be able to improvise on a hymn tune or a chant melody
· Ability to transpose desirable
· Must be a good sight-reader and be flexible
· Must have a good knowledge of standard organ repertoire
· Must have a willing, collaborative attitude
· Must understand or be willing to learn the details of Roman Catholic Liturgy
Salary is in keeping with the Cincinnati Archdiocesan guidelines for an Accompanist position.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to:
Music Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions: (513) 561-5954 ext. 211